Gelato has built the world's largest and most global networks for on-demand production of customized items e.g. t-shirts, wall art, mugs, books, hoodies, and cards, We support a new wave of e-commerce entrepreneurs and the global shift towards local and more sustainable production.
We own no assets - we build the software that connects world-class production facilities all across the world. We already have more than 100 production partners in 33 countries. In 72 hours we can reach more than 5 billion people and potential consumers in a smarter, faster, and greener way.
In many ways, we at Gelato are rethinking how digital fabrication of customized products can be done on-demand. Just imagine what will happen when we add 3D printing capabilities to this global service. We are already empowering thousands of e-commerce entrepreneurs to grow and scale their businesses. Again, thanks to the products being produced locally we produce what you need when you need it, and where you need it. In other words, we reduce waste and carbon emissions.
Together we can increase global GDP by effectively supporting - local on-demand production.
What you will be doing
The world is changing more rapidly than ever before. We recognise this at Gelato and put speed of execution at the heart of how we operate and how we challenge each other.
Product Managers at Gelato drive our business forward with energy and pace. We solve problems rapidly, wielding data and intuition in equal measure, and finding innovative approaches to many of the complex challenges we encounter as we continue to scale our business.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Setting a clear product vision and strategy for your area
- Owning an ambitious roadmap that connects customers, business partners, engineering and design in a powerful way
- Leading and supporting engineering teams in execution to produce world-class solutions that validate ideas, delight customers, and unlock speed and scale for the business
- Obsessing over the data, instrumentation and getting to the core of issues
- Working very closely with customers to understand what we build and why
- Thinking entrepreneurially about how to make progress: we operate in an ecosystem of solutions and services, and many problems we face have already been solved in some form by others.
Who you are
In order to be successful and enjoy being a Product Manager at Gelato, you will need first and foremost to have an entrepreneurial mentality. You are committed to excel with energy and endurance, as you understand that building a company is hard but satisfying work. You have a passion for building great products and technology, superior communication skills, high integrity, and great attention to detail.
You’re a doer, who will adapt and change tactics until you find the winning approach. You feel comfortable getting your hands dirty in the problems of today, yet never losing sight of the long-term direction. You have stamina, resilience, and grit.
You may be a good fit if:
- Graduate degree with a strong academic performance from a top tier university
- You can think in terms of the big picture, but deliver on the details
- You have an instinct for great product design, and can advocate for new features with qualitative and quantitative reasoning
- You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful, whether that means writing a testing plan, analysing large data sets, or hunting down the root cause of a user’s frustration
- You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- You communicate with empathy, precision and clarity
- You are technical enough to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisions alike
- Beyond just shipping new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement
- While we generally value attitude over skills, we expect that you’ve spent at least five years in a fast-paced product management role
What it’s like to work at Gelato
As you can tell from this job description, we expect a lot from our team members at Gelato. We are building a business and putting global production of customized goods on a sustainable footing. This is demanding work, but all worthwhile challenges are!
We operate at a fast pace, and are a driven team with high standards and big goals, so we seek individuals who are genuinely passionate about their work and possess an entrepreneurial spirit.
If this sounds like the challenge you’ve been looking for, get in touch!