Gelato has built the world's largest and most global network for on-demand production of customized items e.g. t-shirts, wall art, mugs, books, hoodies, and cards. We support a new wave of e-commerce entrepreneurs and the global shift towards local and more sustainable production.
We own no assets - we build the software that connects world-class production facilities all across the world. We already have more than 100 production partners in 33 countries. In 72 hours we can reach more than 5 billion people with customized products in a smarter, faster, and greener way.
Gelato is changing the way that customized products can be produced on-demand. We are already empowering thousands of e-commerce entrepreneurs to grow and scale their businesses. With local production, and exact matching of supply and demand, there is no waste and carbon emissions are reduced. Together we can increase global GDP by effectively supporting local on-demand production.
What you will be doing
We are seeking a passionate Business Insight Analyst with a commercial sense and a true passion for data. Working closely with the SVP and his teams, this is a high impact role driving and supporting key business initiatives across logistics and supply chain. You will help turn data into actionable information, deliver reporting and analysis to support these functions. Projects will vary from market analysis to metric creation to network insights and driving key cross functional projects.
- Work with logistics managers to understand their business goals and provide actionable insights to support decision making.
- Make data available to internal and external stakeholders of the team in a digestible form.
- Support analysis, improvement and creation of metrics and dashboards for logistics and supply chain.
- Monitor business performance, run ad-hoc analysis, and provide SVP with proactive recommendations to improve business performance.
- Support product managers with analysis and actionable insights to develop the future logistics platform.
- Partner with teams to share insights and provide meaningful inputs for both forecasting and scenario modelling.
- Work with other Business Analysts to share best practices and promote consistency.
Who you are
To succeed in this role, you will have a strong technical background as a Data Analyst. You enjoy the challenges and rewards of working in a fast-growing organization in a diverse environment.
You have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business owners to define key business questions and build data sets that answer those questions. Most importantly you are passionate about bringing large datasets together to answer business questions and drive change.
- Relevant experience in business intelligence or business analyst role, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools.
- Graduate with a Degree in Finance, Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics, Computer Science, or quantitative field.
- Analytical thinker and team player, a self-starter, willing to take responsibility for problem solving.
- Experience with SQL and manipulating large data sets in a database.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (including VBA, Pivot Tables, array functions, Power Pivots, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills working with multiple peers and with different levels in the organization.
- Advanced proficiency in SQL, data modelling, and working with Big Data.
- Computer programming experience in Python, Ruby, or Java
- Aptitude to learn new technologies and analytical methodologies relating to business intelligence and data analysis.
All candidates must have the legal right to work and will be expected to provide documentation to support this status. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor visa or relocation at this time.
What it’s like to work at Gelato
We are a customer-obsessed team with the ambition to change the world by connecting technology to the printing industry and making it much more sustainable. Everyone who joins our team must feel genuinely intrigued and motivated by our mission. We expect a lot. We are a driven team with big goals, so we seek individuals who are genuinely passionate about their work and possess an entrepreneurial spirit. Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about our culture and how we work before presenting your application.