Gelato has built the world's largest and most global network for on-demand production of customized items e.g. t-shirts, wall art, mugs, books, hoodies, and cards. We support a new wave of e-commerce entrepreneurs and the global shift towards local and more sustainable production.
We own no assets - we build the software that connects world-class production facilities all across the world. We already have more than 100 production partners in 34 countries. In 72 hours we can reach more than 5 billion people with customized products in a smarter, faster, and greener way.
Gelato is changing the way that customized products can be produced on-demand. We are already empowering thousands of e-commerce entrepreneurs to grow and scale their businesses. With local production, and exact matching of supply and demand, there is no waste and carbon emissions are reduced.
Together we can increase global GDP by effectively supporting local on-demand production.
What will you be doing
Your role as an HR Operations Specialist/Manager will be far from one-dimensional. You’ll undertake a wide range of HR tasks, like organizing training, administering employee benefits and leaves, and crafting HR policies. You will use the HR Information System to ensure all employee records are up-to-date and confidential. And you’ll also act as the main point of contact for employees’ queries on HR-related topics.
The goal is to ensure the HR department’s operations will be running smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to the organization as a whole.
Some of the things you might be doing
- Be the master user and overall responsible for our HR Information System (we currently use Hi Bob)
- Administer commission plans
- Assist in talent acquisition and recruitment processes ( we currently use Linkedin and Teamtailor as our main recruitment tools)
- Support in employee onboarding and help organize training & development initiatives
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves and resolve any issues that may arise
- Develop and implement human resource policies
- HR reporting
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form
- Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, applying new perks and benefits and support in organizing team building activities
- Ensure compliance with labor regulations
Who you are
We are looking for a (Human Resources) HR Operations Specialist/Manager to join our team and support various human resources programs and run our daily HR operation. The HR Operations Specialist/Manager has a broad knowledge of human resources functions, from hiring to onboarding and from employee compensation to evaluation. If you have a passion for HR, are familiar with labor law and look to kickstart your career in the field, this is the place to be.
- Minimum 3 years of experience within HR
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of employment/labor laws will be a plus
- Outstanding knowledge of Google Suite for Work; HRIS systems will be a plus
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Organisation skills and time management
- Sense of prioritisation
- Attention to detail
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Desire to work in a results-driven team
- BSc/BA in HR, Business Administration or relevant field
- Additional HR training will be a plus
What it’s like to work at Gelato
We are a customer-obsessed team with the ambition to change the world by connecting technology to the printing industry and making it much more sustainable. Everyone who joins our team must feel genuinely intrigued and motivated by our mission. We expect a lot. We are a driven team with big goals, so we seek individuals who are genuinely passionate about their work and possess an entrepreneurial spirit. Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about our culture and how we work before presenting your application.