Gelato has built the world's largest and most global network for on-demand production of customized items e.g. t-shirts, wall art, mugs, books, hoodies, and cards. We support a new wave of e-commerce entrepreneurs and the global shift towards local and more sustainable production.
We own no assets - we build the software that connects world-class production facilities all across the world. We have more than 100 production partners in 33 countries. In 72 hours we can reach more than 5 billion people with customized products in a smarter, faster, and greener way.
Gelato is changing the way that customized products can be produced on-demand. We are already empowering thousands of e-commerce entrepreneurs to grow and scale their businesses. With local production, and exact matching of supply and demand, there is no waste and carbon emissions are reduced. Together we can increase global GDP by effectively supporting local on-demand production.
What you will be doing
With a global network of production and logistics partners, operational excellence is at the core of how Gelato delivers value to its customers. As Operations Specialist, you will help Gelato to grow, develop and reimagine its global operations. You will have a chance to take on progressively challenging opportunities in the core of our elite operations network, designed to stretch and develop your analytical and operational capabilities. By engaging directly with our production partners and our engineering teams, you will make real time decisions on the short term fixes and resolution needed as well as recommendations on the long term process improvements. This is a hands-on role where you need to be able to both dive deep and solve partner escalations and zoom out to work with data and identify root cause solutions using technology. Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Effectively resolve partner support cases and escalations with high quality, speed, empathy and accuracy.
- Monitor and maintain the health of key operational metrics
- Build new processes and playbooks that help Gelato to scale
- Identify automation opportunities, working closely with the engineering team to build solutions for emerging trends
- Onboard new partners and empower them to become successful with Gelato
- Drive cross-functional projects to reduce escalations and improve the partner and customer experience
Who you are
You have a start-up mentality and a passion for drilling down to find the root cause of a problem. You are a customer-obsessed problem solver, eager to learn and improve. You are comfortable interacting with senior stakeholders, able to articulate complex concepts and not afraid to challenge the status quo. More than that we would like to see evidence of the following in your profile:
- University degree, and 2-4 years of relevant experience in operations or customer service
- Ability to adapt, change and grow quickly as we build the organization.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with great attention to detail.
- Strong client-facing and communication skills.
- An entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to find new solutions to issues that arise.
- All candidates should be business-fluent in English
- Please submit your resume and cover letter in English
What it’s like to work at Gelato
We are a customer-obsessed team with the ambition to change the world by connecting technology to the printing industry and making it much more sustainable. Everyone who joins our team must feel genuinely intrigued and motivated by our mission. We expect a lot. We are a driven team with big goals, so we seek individuals who are genuinely passionate about their work and possess an entrepreneurial spirit. Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about our culture and how we work before presenting your application.