Job Title: Senior Operations Manager – Network Design
Location: London, Boston, Barcelona, Madrid or Oslo
Benefits: Private Health Care, Share options.
Gelato has built the world's largest and most global network for on-demand production of customized items e.g. t-shirts, wall art, mugs, books, hoodies, and cards. We support a new wave of e-commerce entrepreneurs and the global shift towards local and more sustainable production.
We own no assets - we build the software that connects world-class production facilities all across the world. We have more than 100 production partners in 33 countries. In 72 hours we can reach more than 5 billion people with customized products in a smarter, faster, and greener way.
What you will be doing
With a global network of production and distribution partners, supply chain design, operational planning and optimal execution are at the core of how Gelato delivers value to its customers. You will have a chance to take on progressively challenging opportunities in the core of our elite operations network, designed to stretch your leadership and analytical capabilities.
Supply Chain Network Design:
- Build a team in strategic network design and analysis that will support the global growth strategy and optimize for speed, cost and redundancy
- Drive continuous evolution of our network strategy to balance capacity, speed and cost
- Standardize inputs, input collection processes, network models and outputs to ensure high quality and quick delivery of results
Who you are
You have a start-up mentality and a passion for drilling down to find the root cause of a problem. You are a customer-obsessed problem solver, eager to learn and improve. You are able to articulate complex concepts and are not afraid to challenge the status quo. No task is too small, but you can also see the bigger picture and help lead our operations support to evolve and scale. You lead by example and you love understanding data and identifying process improvements to benefit our partners and customers. In addition, we would like to see the following in your profile:
- 5+ years of leading Network Design in a high growth start-up, retail or big tech environment
- Experience in retail, supply chain, logistics, or eCommerce; with a strong and demonstrable interest in driving operational strategy and execution for a high growth business
- Strong analytical experience and hands on in operating with large data sets to generate insight and actionable conclusions
- Experience and knowledge of network design using optimization models preferred
- Proven track record of leadership, taking ownership and driving results
- Thrives in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment
- MBA or Masters Degree in applicable field is preferred
What it’s like to work at Gelato
We are a customer-obsessed team with the ambition to change the world by connecting technology to the printing industry and making it much more sustainable. Everyone who joins our team must feel genuinely intrigued and motivated by our mission. We expect a lot. We are a driven team with big goals, so we seek individuals who are genuinely passionate about their work and possess an entrepreneurial spirit. Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about our culture and how we work before presenting your application.