Job Title: Head of Gelato Academy
Location: London, Madrid, Oslo, Stockholm, Barcelona, Berlin
Why are we looking for this role?
We want to unlock the potential of human creativity and empower all our team members to drive their development autonomously.
We know that change is constant, and we want to learn faster than the world around us is changing. Hence we are looking for someone to own and drive the development of our very own Gelato Academy.
Gelato has built the world's largest and most global network for on-demand production of customized items e.g. t-shirts, wall art, mugs, books, hoodies, and cards. We support a new wave of e-commerce entrepreneurs and the global shift towards local and more sustainable production.
We own no assets - we build the software that connects world-class production facilities all across the world. We already have more than 100 production partners in 33 countries. In 72 hours we can reach more than 5 billion people with customized products in a smarter, faster, and greener way.
Gelato achieved Unicorn status in it’s latest funding round.
What you will be doing
As a member of the People, Culture & Talent Team, you will be responsible for the creation, development and management of Gelato's new Learning and Development Academy, namely, Gelato Academy.
At Gelato we work hard to constantly change our way of thinking and doing and we embrace constant change. We positively seek personal change and this is the core of why Gelato Academy is critical to empowering our team and unlocking human creativity through constant learning and development opportunities. You will not only be responsible for the implementation of this initiative, but you will constantly try to find ways to improve and innovate, while championing Gelato Academy to the whole organization.
This will involve:
- The creation and management of a successful Academy that provides numerous solutions to educate and grow all team members of Gelato
- Create a business plan and develop strategies for the different aspects of the Academy's initiatives
- Own the communication of the Academy and develop the brand working closely with Marketing and Talent Acquisition. Utilize the Academy as part of our leading employer branding initiative
- Continually evaluate learning solutions for quality, business impact and scalability
- Collect and report on collective and individual participant engagement and performance data
- Analyse data and provide insight on the impact of the Academy
- The development and implementation of learning strategies and programs
- Building and maintaining relationships with both internal and external vendors and stakeholders while managing budgets where necessary
- Constantly assess the success of development plans through the creation of insightful data in order to help team members make the most of learning opportunities
- Act as an ambassador for the Academy both internally and externally.
Who you are:
- 7+ years in Learning & Development, Training or Academy roles, ideally with 2+ years leading a function with direct reports
- Experience having built a Best in Class Learning Academy, ideally in a leading technology organization
- A creative approach to the design and delivery of programmes and of implementing blended learning solutions
- Experience creating and implementing learning solutions both in person and virtually
- Project Management experience - an ability to lead from inception to completion and review
- Previous experience working closely with and influencing senior stakeholders, bringing them along with you as you create a new initiative
- A strong track record of identifying learning needs and leading development of group and individual learning paths.
What it’s like to work at Gelato:
We are a customer-obsessed team with the ambition to change the world by connecting technology to the production industry and making it much more sustainable. Everyone who joins our team must feel genuinely intrigued and motivated by our mission. We expect a lot. We are a driven team with big goals, so we seek individuals who are genuinely passionate about their work and possess an entrepreneurial spirit. Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about our culture and how we work before presenting your application.
All candidates must have the legal right to work in the country associated with the role and will be expected to provide documentation to support this status. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor a visa or relocation at this time.